If you are visiting Berlin and want to experience the city from a whole new perspective, look no further than its stunning rooftop views. Berlin is renowned for its unique skyline, which combines historical landmarks with modern architecture. From trendy rooftop bars to observation decks, there are plenty of spots where you can enjoy panoramic views of the city. In this walking tour, we’ll guide you through some of the most remarkable rooftop views that Berlin has to offer.
1. The Reichstag Building
The Reichstag Building, home to the German Parliament, is a must-visit attraction in Berlin for its historical significance and breathtaking rooftop view. The iconic glass dome offers a 360-degree panoramic view of the city. Best of all, admission to the dome is free, but make sure to book your visit in advance to avoid long queues.
- Arrive early in the morning or late in the evening for smaller crowds.
- Don’t forget your ID, as it is required for security purposes.
- Enjoy a meal at the rooftop restaurant for a unique dining experience.
Klunkerkranich, located on the roof of a parking garage in the Neukölln district, is a hidden gem among Berlin’s rooftop bars. This vibrant urban garden and open-air bar offer breathtaking views of the city’s skyline. The relaxed atmosphere, live music, and local food and drinks make it a perfect spot to unwind and enjoy the sunset.
- Go during the golden hour to capture stunning photographs.
- Check their website for live music events.
- Be prepared for a small entrance fee during peak hours.
3. TV Tower’s Observation Deck
The Berlin TV Tower, or Fernsehturm, is the tallest structure in the city and offers an unrivaled 360-degree view from its observation deck. Located in Alexanderplatz, this iconic tower provides a bird’s-eye view of Berlin’s landmarks, including the Brandenburg Gate and the Berlin Cathedral.
- Book your tickets in advance to skip the long queues.
- Consider visiting at sunset for stunning views.
- Enjoy a meal at the revolving Sphere Restaurant for a memorable dining experience.
4. Weekend Gallery
For a unique blend of contemporary art and breathtaking city views, head to the Weekend Gallery. Located on the 15th and 16th floors of the Haus des Reisens building, this rooftop bar and art space offers a panoramic view of Berlin’s skyline. You can sip on a cocktail while appreciating the curated exhibitions and installations.
- Visit during the evening for a lively atmosphere and DJ sets.
- Be aware that the gallery might be closed for private events on certain days.
5. Park Inn Berlin
The Park Inn Berlin, located near Alexanderplatz, boasts one of the best rooftop views in the city. The panorama terrace on the 40th floor offers stunning views of Berlin’s iconic landmarks, including the TV Tower and the Red City Hall. It’s the perfect spot to capture breathtaking photos of the city.
- Consider visiting during sunset for magical golden hour views.
- Get a drink at the rooftop bar to enhance your experience.
- Be aware that there might be limited access during private events.
Exploring Berlin’s rooftop views is a unique way to soak in the city’s beauty from a different perspective. Whether you choose to visit historical landmarks or trendy rooftop bars, these spots offer breathtaking panoramic views that will leave a lasting impression. Don’t forget your camera to capture these incredible moments, and be sure to check the websites for any additional information and updates.
Table of Contents